End of August

8/31/2015

Bradford Interchange - Newark North Gate


There's been two months I'm living in UK, though it feels like an eternity. In the last week, I travelled twice along the country, running after gigs. September will be calmer, in this sense. It doesn't feel too strange, because I'm always surrounded by Brazilians or at least people who are not British. But when I take trains to other places, it feels lonely. Many people travel alone and go to concerts by themselves, but not all audiences and not all people are receptive. 

Being away from my boyfriend and attending to events alone has taught me some things I have kind of forgot in the past years: loneliness can be a bliss, but also a burden. However, this latter word shouldn't be considered as a completely opposite term for the first. It's not actually negative, it is just heavy. Being alone means you are 100% responsible for everything you do, for every choices you make, for every minute you are late, for every pound you spend. 

Once I heard that even if somebody can't say or do anything that may help you, his/her presence is kind of enough to bring you some confidence.

On the other hand, all these things that mean being alone are also a bliss. Being able to make your own choices makes you free. And even if something goes wrong, at least it was the result of your own decisions and acts. It's both a relief and a pain, but at the end of the day, it's always an achievement when you see you're back home, safe and fulfilled: I did it and I did it by myself.

Newark Castle - London's Kings Cross


Mind.in.a.box - Deafheaven

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Eu nunca morei sozinha, principalmente tão longe de todo mundo, mas imagino que deve ser mesmo essa sensação, boa e estranha ao mesmo tempo.
    É literalmente assumir as rédeas de nossa vida né!? ^^
    Espero poder ter uma experiência assim em breve.
    Adorei as fotos!
    bjin

    http://monevenzel.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete