Look do dia: White leather

6/17/2016


Hiya! Today's post is again about one of my biggest dilemmas with buying clothes online, especially with Asian measures: length. I thought this piece was actually a top, but it's a short dress and it's quite wide. I remember ordering it on size L due to the bust size, but in the end it's quite wider than I expected. I like the design, but it really needs some fixes - I will probably make it tighter and shorter, since the length is in between the top and the dress, but as here I only feature pictures and you don't actually see my butt showing (LOL), it's fine to wear it alone.


Oi! O post de hoje é novamente sobre um dos meus maiores dilemas sobre comprar roupa online, especialmente com medidas asiáticas: o comprimento. Achei que essa peça ia ser uma blusa, mas é um vestido curto e bem largo, na verdade. Eu lembro de ter encomendado no tamanho G por causa do tamanho do busto, mas no final das contas ele é bem mais largo do que eu imaginava. Eu gosto muito do modelo, mas realmente precisa de alguns ajustes - provavelmente vou fazê-lo mais justo e curto, já que o comprimento atual é algo entre blusa e vestido, mas como eu só estou mostrando em foto por aqui e vocês não podem ver minha bunda aparecendo (HAHA), tudo bem vesti-lo sozinho.

Dress: Sammydress
Sandals: Carmen Steffens
Earring: Rings & Tings

Speaking of the parcel itself, it didn't take too much time to arrive here in Brazil and, luckily, I didn't need to pay any custom fees. It's always a matter of luck, in the end, because I received another parcel before that was only a t-shirt costing not more than $20 and I still needed to pay customs... The only thing that is basically 100% certain is that if you buy using EMS/UPS, then you'll need to pay the (tons of) customs. Too bad!

Falando sobre o pacote em si, não demorou tanto para chegar e, por sorte, eu não tive que pagar imposto. É sempre uma questão de sorte, no fim das contas, porque eu já recebi uma camiseta que não custava mais que $20 e mesmo assim tive que pagar taxa... A única coisa que é praticamente 100% de certeza que você vai pagar taxa é se usar o método EMS/UPS, aí sim sai caro. Uma pena!


On a side note, I finally got the good news that my project was accepted and I'll be starting my PhD in Art History/Theory in the next semester!! :) I'm so happy!! It's been a nightmare to find a job here in Brazil, except for freelances, but I believe that in the end I was supposed to follow an academic career... Journalism has changed a lot here and it's much more related to marketing than writing or anything that I'm really fond of and able to do. But finally I'll have the chance to study about these themes that have been in my mind since I was 20-21, imagery, death and transhumanism.

Aliás, eu finalmente recebi a ótima notícia de que meu projeto de pesquisa foi aceito e vou começar meu doutorado em História/Teoria da arte no próximo semestre!! :) Estou tão feliz!! Tem sido um pesadelo achar trabalho aqui no Brasil, exceto freelances, mas acho que afinal eu estava destinada a seguir carreira acadêmica mesmo... O jornalismo mudou muito por aqui e hoje tem mais a ver com marketing do que escrita ou qualquer coisa que eu goste ou saiba fazer. Mas finalmente vou ter a chance de estudar os temas que estão borbulhando na minha cabeça desde quando eu tinha uns 20-21 anos, imagem, morte e transhumanismo.


Oh! I also got a parcel from Rings & Tings, another online store that I'm working in partnership now. They have a not so extensive catalogue, but with selected pieces. It's like that place where you going to find that specific piece you're searching for everywhere, but you can't find. They have very basic models, which is something that sounds bad, but it's actually so hard to find these - there's always some extra detail, or it's not in the color you want etc. I really liked the pieces I received from them, and it was an extensive batch of golden jewelry, which is a color that I don't have many pieces.

Ah! Eu também recebi um pacote da Rings & Tings, uma outra loja online que agora tem parceria com o Fierce. Eles não têm um catálogo muito extenso, mas as peças são selecionadas. É tipo aquele lugar em que você vai achar uma peça específica que você vem procurando há um tempão, mas não consegue achar. Eles têm modelos bem básico, mas apesar de isso soar ruim, é na verdade muito difícil de encontrá-los - sempre tem um detalhe a mais, ou não é na cor que você quer etc. Eu realmente gostei das peças que recebi deles, e agora eu tenho um monte de acessórios dourados, que é uma cor que não tenho muito.


And last but not least, I'll be DJing this weekend in São Paulo. Since I believe none of those who are up to go there are English speakers, I'll explain the details in Portuguese above. :) So thank you for reading the post!

Ah, por último, eu vou discotecar em SP nesse fim de semana e tá rolando uma promoção de VIPs no Facebook do Fierce. Vai ser uma edição especial da festa SAD RAVE, focada em witch house, com só mulheres discotecando. :) Acontece na Hole Club, na Augusta.


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Your white halter dress is gorgeous. I also have cute but cheap homecoming dresses in white color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pena que como vestido ficou curto porque achei bem bonito assim. Mas transformado em blusa e com os ajustes também ficará bom. ^^
    E nossa, achei o máximo o tema do seu doutorado. Sempre me pareceu um assunto bem interessante. Depois conta mais um pouquinho pra gente, se possível.
    bjin

    http://monevenzel.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete