Mirrorshades by Cheapass Sunglasses

12/29/2016



Hey! It's been a while since I wrote something customized here for the last time. I'm actually quite in conflict if I'm going to keep this blog for too long. I am tired of ootd posts and such, so I'm really choosing which items I want to receive and advertise here because it takes a lot of time/effort and I don't feel like having tons of things that don't fit me well or that I will never actually wear because I'm not even able to iron that. Anyways. 


So I got this beautiful mirrored lenses sunglasses from Cheapass Sunglasses ( check their partner site too) for one and only reason: they totally remind me of the cover for the anthology Mirrorshades (1986), which was edited by Bruce Sterling and included the first cyberpunl authors such as Sterling himself, William Gibson, Pat Cadigan, Rudy Rucker and Lewis Shiner. 


Most of them have quitted scifi now, but they are a huge reference for me and I was glad to meet Sterling in 2010, when he also gave me an autograph, a Swiss knife and a good talk. I was too young at that time.. if it was today, I would talk about other things, but I am glad that I had this chance to meet him. It was very inspiring and I take him as an inspiration for being such an important person in cyberpunk history and also a great journalist and futurist (though I'm not sure if he considers himself the latter one).

My boyfriend and I talking to Bruce Sterling in 2010





Mirrorshades had a big importance in the 80s and they were a fashion and cultural statement in that decade, especially for cyberpunk. You can read here a full article I wrote about mirrored sunglasses, if you wish. :)

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Muito lindo esse óculos, hehe *-*

    blogmylittlecandy.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mirrored shades look awesome on you. I don't know much about cyberpunk, so thank you for introducing it to me. =D Happy 2017 to you my dear! :D xoxo

    Shanaz | Reverie Sanctuary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uau, eu tô apaixonada com as referências do teu blog!
    Você faz um excelente trabalho, parabéns!
    Eu simplesmente adoro Neuromancer. É uma grande referência pra mim.


    4sphyxi4.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can you love more than a cyberpunk? Yeah, I like fantasy and Sci-Fi stuff, but cyberpunk was my love from the first sight. It started from The Matrix and it led me to the classics like William Gibson and Bruce Sterling. However, I never heard about Mirrorshades, I hope it can provide me with new great authors with Gibson and Sterling levels of greatness. About your sunglasses, I can’t even describe how good they are! It’s not a review of ThePensters that you can describe in to words, it’s a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete